Here are a few photos.
I changed the back of the Sorbetto making it a larger scoop of a neckline. Not really intentional. I was running very low on the DS Quilts Aunt Edna fabric. I cut the front out first and then realized that I didn’t have enough for the back. So I changed the front- cutting it into 2 pieces adding the middle pleat separately. I just didn’t have enough fabric to make both front and back so I had to do it piece meal. I really like the print and I couldn’t find any more, so this is how I solved this calamity. Another MacGyver move!
The Iris shorts are made out of some wool crepe I had in my stash. In hindsight wooI crepe may not have been the wisest choice. I love the drape, but I am not too happy about ironing it. It was a challenge to press my seams open. I really like the shorts and I will sew more shorts from this pattern. The blue wool crepe is so dark it’s really hard to see all the fun details. Maybe next time I will sew it with piping to accentuate all the details.
Last picture of the outfit without me in it. I think you can see it a little better this way.
Anyway, I am running low on energy today. So that is all for now. Great day to everyone!